Be prepared for these questions at your job interview
You as a person
- Tell me a bit about yourself as a person: What characterises you?
- Which of your personality traits do you consider to be strong?
- What are your weak points?
- What do you expect from your manager? What does he/she need to do for you to perform at your best?
- Tell me about the best manager you have had so far? Why was he/she the best manager?
- Tell me about your worst manager so far.
- Which tasks appeal to you in this job?
- Going through your CV: Areas of responsibility, work assignments, reasons you ended a job etc.
- Describe the hardest challenge you have faced?
- What is a good day at work for you?
- What are you excited about/looking forward to in the morning before your work day is about to begin?
- Which tasks are you looking forward to solving?
- Which tasks would you rather have been without in your previous jobs?
- What motivates you?
- How do you motivate yourself when faced with routine tasks?
- Why are you applying for this position?
- Current salary/expectations regarding your salary etc.
- Free time – family life
- Giving your notice: When can you start this new job?
- References: Who can I call who will confirm your information?
- Are you applying for other jobs as well?
- Do you wonder about any questions that we have not asked you?
Remember to update your CV
Hopefully, once the job interview is over, you will have a new job, and it is important that you remember to update your CV so your future employers can see that you are gaining more experience and that you are growing as a candidate.